Very often we are so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey. We invite you to journey with us... Sign up to connect with Rhythm MP or follow us on facebook.com/MusicJamboree


Off To A Whole New World

While awaiting my application reply, I indulged more into jazz and looked for any opportunity to perform. Finally, when the college’s reply came and I was accepted, I was thrilled to the core and immediately called home to inform my family. They rejoiced in the news and I only had a few months before leaving for Boston.

Meanwhile, my motivation and enthusiasm got more intense. Soon, I will be off to a whole new world, a different land, a different culture, where everything would be different, but I was brave enough to just head out and fend for myself.

A new chapter was beginning for me. Everything I learned, experienced and gained during my college years were invaluable. The friends I made there, the impressionable faculty members (who always kept me in awe with their knowledge and skills), the college itself and all the people I met during my years there were instrumental in my development.

It was after college, when I had some anxiety about where I will head off to next to start my life in the working world. I was contemplating on a few places to go but I finally came home. My dad called me when I was in San Francisco (after college) and suggested coming back to see if I can use my knowledge and skills to back home.

It took a while for me to decide coming home but I finally agreed to give it a try. I flew home with a heavy heart having made great friends there at college and at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment